We’re into week two of Music Success in 9 Weeks (you can read the intro here, and about week 1 here)
This week is all about building the perfect pitch.This task has been rather difficult, but at the same time quite a valuable exercise. In Music Success in 9 Weeks Ariel Hyatt mentions that writing a good pitch is not unlike writing a song. And like so after much tweaking and many rewrites we ended up with something suitable. I use the phrase “ended up with” rather loosely as we may decide to make further adjustments later!
We needed something that describes our music, concept and outlook in a short, yet enticing way.
Some points that we wanted to convey:
- Our music is decidedly African. It’s earthy and authentic.
- Its music for kids but…
- We try to write music for kids that isn’t condescending
- We use good (no make that great!) musicians on the albums.
- We try to make kids music that adults will tolerate (and hopefully enjoy) after repeated listens
- We are passionate about these albums and put a lot of heart and soul into them.
- The music is educational, it has a sense of humour and it grooves!
Real world music for real kids, made with love, from Africa.
No purple dinosaurs were used in the making of this album.
Disclaimer: Adults are not immune to the contagious rhythms
If you'd like to listen to our music please visit: http://www.africantreehouse.com
What are your thoughts?