- I can go to gym during "geriatric hour" (mid-morning or afternoon) when the only people there are a few old-timers. Makes me feel like superman.
- I can take a vacation anytime I want to.
- I have no boss.
- I get to play different kinds of music and work with amazing musicians.
- I get to travel to interesting places
- I can turn down work if I want to (this is an important one, believe me)
- I get to write music, record music, market music and perform music.
- I seldom have to negotiate Johannesburg traffic
- I can sleep in or take a day off if I feel like it.
- I get paid to play music
- When taking vacations I don’t earn any money.
- It is sometimes difficult to find the motivation to be proactive.
- I get to travel to interesting places: Lagos
- I have to save money for the quiet periods.
- I have to be a jack-of-all trades: I get to write music, record music, market music and perform music.
- I have to sometimes chase after people to get paid.